Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Law to the rescue!

Finally, The Law might actually do something FOR me instead of TO me.

As a little background, I live in an apartment which is basically the downstairs of an older house. There is another apartment which takes up the upper floor. When we moved in, the landlord told us that there would be a single father and his son (6) living upstairs. Now, this would be fine except that they are SO LOUD. The floors up there are parquet and they stomp around at all hours of the night. The kid likes to jump on his bed. At midnight or later. Right above my bedroom. When I need to sleep.

I also suspect that the guy is abusing his son. There is frequently lots of yelling up there, and I've heard the kid crying. Never heard a slap or anything, but the signs are there and I've also heard some things from the kid that make me think there is abuse. The kid is already brought to the house each evening by someone who I think is with Social Services.

So on Friday, Roomie came home and found a 5 day Pay or Quit notice posted on his door. Thank God. I hope he doesn't come up with the money and has to move.

Does this make me a bad person?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home