Thursday, August 24, 2006

Let me just clear up a few apparent misconceptions

And this is the last time that I will address these issues:

  • You don't know the whole story. You only know the bits I choose to communicate. Don't assume you know more and don't read your own choices into mine.
  • Regarding comments: I have the option of publishing or rejecting comments. To date, I have chosen to publish all comments (except the damn spam) in the interest of freedom of speech. I allow anonymous comments not so strangers can feel free to slag me off, although if that's what gets your rocks off, good for you, but so people I know can comment without having to register with Blogger. But if you are going to leave anonymous comments in the future, at least give yourself some kind of name or I will not publish them.
  • If you honestly think that anything anyone says here will change what I'm going to do, you are sadly mistaken. I am an adult and, as such, I will continue to make adult choices. If you don't like my choices, that's your problem, not mine.
  • My current situation has nothing to do with self-esteem. Once again, if you think this is the case, you are mistaken. Thanks for your concern, however strangely expressed, but my self-esteem is just fine.
  • Give up on being judgmental. Judge not lest ye be judged. While I don't condone my actions at present, I have not judged others in the same situation when they have come to me in friendship.

In short, we only get to live this life once, and I'm going to live mine the way I see fit, and nothing anyone else says is going to change that. I'd suggest sitting back and enjoying the ride, whether you agree with the way I live it or not.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only speak for myself, but I say what I do because I care, Jayne. I know you're an adult, but sometimes even adults need a little kick in the ass.

And anonymous posting sucks, so I always sign my posts.

~Jill

2:34 AM  
Blogger Y said...

Ah, sweets, I didn't mean you. You always sign your posts, I know.

I mean, here's the deal, sign your posts and you can be as mean to me as you like! It's just that easy.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, some harsh comments... all I can say is; this is certainly better than all that moving crap...

Goodnews!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Y said...

Ha! It's certainly a lot more fun for me, too!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee, deal! *starts thinking of mean things to say to jayne*
Nah, can't come up with anything!

~Jill

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how people think they know so much about you after you let a few details or a snip of a situation out. Happens to me all the time yet it still amazes me.

And hey, at the end of the day... the only person you have to answer to is you.

Kim (kayakgirl)

11:07 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I've done some things in my life that other people would jump to judge me for. But, you're an adult, you know the whole story, and you can make your own decisions.

Just remember to take care of yourself, OK?

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe it or not m'dear a lot of people who like to sit in judgement are going straight to hell. You know the type, those who spout bile at every conceived sin then go whack themselves off to the most repulsive sights once your back is turned

LESLEY

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home