Thursday, August 31, 2006

For the Shopping Mavens



I believe I may have gone just a little overboard lately. Well, not really until today, but I honestly didn't know that "confirm order" meant I was going to buy these gorgeous boots! But I really do NEED a pair of knee high boots for fall and winter, and considering how difficult it is to fit them for my wide calves, these seriously were a great deal, even with the shipping costs from the UK. Ah, well, at least I'll have something to wear after it gets too cold to wear these gorgeous red patent leather peep toe pumps. Now if I could only find a belt to go with them . . .

Oh, yes, a belt. While trawling eBay for a belt to match the red pumps, I did happen across this gorgeous red furry belt. For whatever reason, I just HAD to have this adorable, unique belt. I was delighted when I won the auction for a low, low price, and there was only one other bidder against me. Wait a minute. Only one other bidder. Does that mean that I scored a truly unique find, something only a few could recognize as a treasure? Or does that mean that I slipped in a moment of bad taste? Either way, the belt will be here soon and I'm picturing it with classic dark outfit and it as a focal point. Or maybe even a winter white outfit. Would red furry boots be too much, do you think?

And then there was Bed Bath & Beyond. I swear, I only went in there for a grill pan and a shower curtain liner (my liner was too narrow and was letting water out all over the bathroom). Well, I did well on both, got a grill pan on sale plus 40% off, and a $10 shower curtain liner, when all of a sudden I got sucked into the bath accessories. Really, all I wanted was a new trash can. But this is what I ended up with, including new shower curtain hooks.

Okay, never mind, Blogger won't let me put in any more pictures. I ended up with a trash can, 2 lotion dispensers (one will be for soap), a soap dish (that's for jewelry, of course), a toothbrush holder (and surprisingly Chico hasn't bothered them at all yet), and the aforementioned new shower curtain hooks. But trust me, they are really girly and cute. The Roommate says he can feel his girly side coming out now when he showers.

And a final, non-shopping news item for today: the Roommate will be moving out next weekend. While I'll be sad to see him go, I'll be glad to get my place back to myself, for all kinds of badness and going straight to helledness.

PS - I forgot to mention the resurrection of my Ann Taylor addiction, which so far has net me 2 pairs of fabulous trousers (brown with pink pinstripe, and grey), a frilly burgundy tank top, a gorgeous dark teal sweater, another gorgeous black and teal skirt, and a slinky teal wrap dress. They've started referring to me as a Regular. I'm scared.

*Note: Don't worry, I'll be back with more "I'm going straight to hell" commentary soon. I had to get some shopping out of my system. Now I'm ready to be bad again. Soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home