Sunday, June 19, 2005

A New Start

I'm baaaaccckkk. Ahhh, it feels good. And I don't mean just back to my blog (although that was trying in itself because I forgot my username, d'oh). I'm back to the world, back to my life, back to myself.

Have you ever woken up one day (figuratively) and realized that you don't know how you got to this place in your life? How did I get here? What happened to the person I was? Where did the Jayne go who inspired her friend to print in her wedding program that I "taught [her] how to live life fully in the moment"?

Well, I did just that. It happened a few weeks after I got back from my holiday. I guess it took getting out of my daily drudgery to see what had happened (or not happened) to my life and to me. And I don't like it. Not one bit.

Things have to change. I have to change. I have to find myself again, have to figure out where I want my life to go, and work out a plan to get there. I have to stop living this bare existence and start participating in life again. I can no longer seclude myself and watch life pass me by.

I haven't spoken to my best friends in months. One of my best friends is pregnant with Baby No. 3. I don't even know if she's given birth yet. Another of my best friends (she of the wedding program quote above) was married last October, and I may have talked to her 3 times since then. She could be pregnant for all I know by now. Yet another friend (this one male) lives less than 2 miles away, and I haven't seen him since January, although he invites me out at least twice a month. I've known him for over 10 years now and he never gives up on me.

So, if you like, you can follow the journey here. I hope it will be entertaining, but moreso, I hope it will be successful. I know it won't be easy, but I have to do something, anything, to change the status quo. Because the status quo is slowly killing me and my soul.

Watch this page. And wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home