Wednesday, March 15, 2006

UK invasion

Yes, the rumors are true, I will be invading your fair isle for a holiday. Arrival in London the morning of 26 May, departure from London 5 June (see how I did the dates just so you UKians can read them, because I'm considerate like that?). Whereabouts in between not entirely nailed down yet, but best estimates at this time include Bristol, Derbyshire (which I am assured I will be saying wrong, but I know they must be crazy, I know how to say Derby AND shire, thankyouverymuch) and York.

You may start the bidding for my presence below in the comments box. Alternatively, you could just give me some fun things to do or see. Or recommend good pubs.

There, don't never say you weren't warned.

Edited to say: I just realized if I don't get any comments, I'm going to look like a ginormous twat, so please at least say something in the little box. Call it your good deed for the day, 'kay? Ta muchly!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cooks said...

Machiruda and I were thinking about coming to London when you are there, but looking at your dates I'm sorry that I will miss that (I'm in Spain until 7 June) Hopefully some other time!

3:50 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Too bad we won't be over there (you know, on that continent) at the same time -- it'd be fun to try and meet up!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Firstly, its not just the Brits who say/write "26th May" - that's how most of the Western world does it (ie, you Americans are wrong, wrong, wrong and you should just get used to it and apologise for perverting the English language!!).

Secondly, York is really cool. Fun to walk around on the wall (its a walled city), and there is a really cool museum there.

Stuff to do in London? Well, there's always stuff to do in London, but one really cool thing that I liked doing was going on the themed walks of different neighbourhoods. The Dickens walk was really interesting.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Y said...

No, Cookie! Ah, next time maybe I'll make it all the way to the continent. Thanks for thinking of it, though, very sweet.

TJ - that would be fun, too!

Jules, I know, I know, but I'm not going to Oz this time, only the UK! I have no worries about London as I have a crazy Brit to entertain me, but just wondered if anyone had some off the wall suggestions for me. So York was good? I want to walk the wall. And maybe do a ghost walk.

7:18 PM  
Blogger iggy said...

Looking forward to seeing you at some point :)

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home