Saturday, March 03, 2007

A real life

Yeah, I've wanted one for so long. And oddly enough, it looks like I have one again after years of being a hermit. All it took was a random afternoon stop in an Irish pub in Chinatown (how's that for a random dichotomy?) and now I have a dozen new friends and a new favorite, regular pub.

Damn shame I'm on a ramen and spaghetti diet. Along with all the Newcastle, I'm betting those 10 lbs. I lost are going to come back quickly.

Plus, my cell phone got stolen and now I have no way of contacting my Italian-Peruvian playtoy. This is a problem. What am I going to do for carnal sustenance?

4 Comments:

Blogger zoe said...

you spoke to real people ? that's far too active for me, and hideously scary.

shudder.

8:59 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

A life? That's just brilliant of you! Glad to see you posting again :)

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er...a bunch of bar friends does not a life make, dearie. But you know, as long as you're happy, I can't criticize too much. :)

Sorry about the job. Damn you have bad luck. Have you ever thought of moving out of DC? Seems that its just a bad market for your line of work. Paralegals in Seattle make a ton of $$ and there are always openings. And yeah. When you start having to train someone? You know the end is near.

~Jill

3:47 PM  
Blogger Y said...

Pffft, Jill, we do other stuff, too! It's just like a living room, really. With people serving us while we converse.

Job market here is picking up. Things are happening, I think.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home