Thursday, August 25, 2005

Foiled again!

I KNEW I shouldn't have said anything about the security pass. They took it back today. Now how the hell am I supposed to work "overtime" this weekend? (You know, "overtime", where you come in and play on the internet and do random rearranging of papers and files and stacks of things so it looks all organized and shit.)

I'll find me another one, yes I will. 'Cuz I'm resourceful like that.

I think I have the links thing figured out, so look for links soon. In the meantime, please support www.freecycle.org by signing up if you have things you'd like to get rid of. Yes, they are international, before you complain that you're not in the US. It's a very cool and environmentally friendly way of recycling things that you no longer want or need and that others may want or need, thereby keeping this stuff out of the landfills. You join a listserv through Yahoo Groups, then you'll be able to see what people are offering, requesting, or you can list things you'd like to pass on. If you're offering, you don't do a thing except receive e-mails requesting the item. You decide who gets it and arrange for them to come pick it up. You don't have to move any farther than your front step. Tonight I'm going to pick up a nice black halogen floorlamp and after I sort through the clothes I set aside this weekend, I'll be offering those to whoever wants them. Go on, do something good for the environment. And you can get some cool stuff in the bargain. Another little pressie from me to you.

Right gotta go catch the bus now. More on public transportation tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger RAV Jr said...

hi! goodluck with you getting a new security pass!

i will try to browse that recycle something you featured, hmmm...

happy weekened!

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home