Tuesday, November 22, 2005

And for my next trick, watch me pull a rabbit out of my ass!

We did it. We got the apartment. We move on Monday, and hopefully can get the keys this Friday and start moving small stuff this weekend and just have the larger furniture to go on Monday in one trip in a small rental moving truck.

Unfuckingbelievable. I have no idea how I did it. Craigslist was the start. Looking in the sublets/temporary just on the off chance there might be something. Coming across a 2 BR for LESS than we pay now. In a decent location. IN the city. With off-street parking. Free wireless broadband internet. Walls that can be painted. Two Ikea wardrobes included in my room. All new stainless steel kitchen with granite counters, double sink. Washer/dryer. Separate entrance for the Cuz.

How? Just how on God's green earth did we manage to find the owner/landlord who DIDN'T ask for the prior landlord's reference? Who didn't order his own credit reports but accepted ours? How?

I don't really care, I'm just so excited. Like, over the moon excited. Like, I can finally stop shaking like a leaf from all the anxiety and the fear that I'll be literally homeless and have to give my beloved cats to the shelter because I have nowhere for them. Like, I'll be able to sleep at night again. (Well, that is if Buca will let me and stop waking me up at 15-30 minute intervals between 2:30 am and wake up time.)

I figure it's either divine providence, or I'm becoming something of a magician by necessity. It's your call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home