Monday, November 21, 2005

Wish me luck

I'm preparing to scan and e-mail our applications for a new apartment, along with our credit reports and pay stubs, to the owner/landlord. I have to figure out a way to concoct a well-worded e-mail that can describe our predicament (shitty credit) in a way that reassures the guy that we can and will pay our rent, and also let him know that we have not only the deposit and 1st month's rent ready, but are able and willing to provide additionally 2nd month's rent in advance, and quite possibly 3rd month's rent in advance.

God, I want this place. It's actually in the city, although closer to the Maryland line than I'd prefer, but I'm not exactly sure of the neighborhood. I haven't seen it in the daylight yet - might have to take a trip there Thursday. But it's in a small building, only 4 units, one of which is the owner's. The other two units are inhabited by little old ladies (read: quiet). Some walls are already painted, so I'm sure he'd have no problem with us painting more. The master bedroom comes with a smallish closet (at least this one has space for a little table for a lamp to see by) and 2 Ikea wardrobes (the thin ones, but still!). If you know me, you know how important these are to me. The bathroom actually has that new-fangled stuff called ventilation (!) (read: no mold) and a sink with actual cabinet underneath to store things. The kitchen is painted and has all new stainless steel appliances (hello, my lovely subzero freezer/refrigerator, I've been looking for you for so long). Granted, it's kind of a walk thru kitchen, but does have room enough for my kitchen cart, so we could use that for a small table. The second bedroom is on the other end of the kitchen, is carpeted, and has its own closet AND exterior entrance, so the Cuz won't be waking me up at 5 am coming home from work. The living room is ample, with a coat closet that will fit the cat litterbox perfectly. Might need to get a coat stand, though. And it has a kind of shelves already mounted along one wall, so could display stuff there and store mail, etc. There is off-street parking for Bianca (yes, I've named my car, get over it already) and a backyard with a deck. There's also a small landing off the second bedroom. God, I've already got the floorplan in my head for the furniture, how badly do I want this place? And . . . and . . . and, WIRELESS BROADBAND is included in the rent!!! (C'mon, now, that really did deserve all 3 exclamation points, don't you think?)

Speaking of Bianca, bad news. On the way home from viewing the new place (thinking positive here), we ended up with a flat tire. Yes, the $5 hick midnight special is no more. (If you don't know the story, just ask and I'll recount it soon.) And then, as if that weren't enough, the clutch finally went out. The good news is that, thanks to my new best friends over at cartalk.com, I found a great mechanic and the clutch came in at just over $600 in less than 24 hours. The tire is getting replaced by the Cuz this afternoon - should be less than $50. And now, she'll be almost as good as new, what with the new brakes that got done a month or so ago.

Thanksgiving this year means PRIME RIB, baby! Since we won't have time to go home this year, I figured we could just order one of those full turkey dinners from the grocery store or Boston Market or whatever. Hmmmm. Might have wanted to do that last week, because they were completely sold out when I called today. All of them. (What's up with that? Doesn't anybody cook anymore? Sheesh.) So for an additional $10, we'll be feasting on a new tradition of prime rib, potatoes au gratin, some kind of green beans, a sweet potato dish that I'll make, dinner rolls, and probably a store-bought pie (unless I'm feeling particularly domestic on Thursday). Good thing I love beef because I think we'll have a lot of it. Must remember horseradish, too . . .

Apologies for all the parenthetical phrases today, my mind is working a bit overtime.

And I've changed the template for a while, just for something soothing to calm the rampant anxiety that consumes me during my waking hours these days. Please tell me things will get better, somehow, some way, because I really can't take this much longer before I crack. Oops, might have already started, must go check . . .

PS - I've also changed the comments so you don't have to log into blogger (by request, you know who you are, missy!), but I will still be moderating and deleting any that I find offensive or spam. Because I can. Ha!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it's much appreciated!

~"Missy"

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home