Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Goats don't like me

No, really, they don't. And that's very odd, because virtually every other animal in the world loves me and responds to me. Well, I guess I can't exactly say that goats don't respond to me, because they do. They like to chase me and butt me with their horns. For example, when I was taking riding lessons as a child from my mom's best friend, I would have to figure out where her goat was before I made a run for the barn. Only male goats, though, not female goats. I have no idea what that's all about. If you have any ideas on this, do let me know in that little comment thingie down there.

Now normally this fact would not bother me. However, I will begin volunteering at the National Zoo in the next month or so, and with my farming background, the director of the volunteer keeper's aide program reckons I'll be of best use right now at the Kid's Farm. Hmmm, haven't figured out to name these link things yet. (editted to say, yay, I figured it out, go me!) Anyway, you can see it's the Kid's Farm. It's one of the few keeper's aide positions where I can be hands-on with the animals, and can also interact with the public. Now, go ahead and click on that link up there. Guess what one of the types of animals is? Yep, it's goats.

This could get really interesting. How much damage do you think a Nigerian dwarf or Nubian goat could do? I'm hoping nobody has horns. I don't really think the keepers at the Zoo would approve of my former method of dealing with unruly goats who are coming straight at me. It involved a 2 by 4 and batting practice.

Now I'm going to wait for the google searches involving Nigerian dwarf and goat. Eeeeeuuuuwwww.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

That's really cute and should be a lot of fun.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home