Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Contest: Name That Laptop



Okay, there's the little darling that will be winging its way (or delivered by a hopefully yummy delivery man) to me in the next few days. While I'm sitting around praying for it to arrive here at the office on Friday instead of when they say it will, that being Monday, let's have a contest to name it. It looks kind of masculine to me, so I think it needs a male name. Deposit your entries in the comments thingie; winner gets, um, absolutely nothing. Hey, I'm still broke, what did you really expect?

BTW, I really, really hate waiting. I am by nature an impatient person. Except for when I'm in my zen mode and can't really see the point in hurrying scurrying, but whatever. I'm a girl, it's my prerogative to change my mind on these things. But really, I want this laptop to be here already! Like this morning, hours ago! Why do I have to wait so long?! Gaaaahhhhh!

Anyway, some specs in case anyone is interested. Then you can tell me how crap a deal I got, even though I'm really proud of myself. It's got the integrated wireless card, 512 MB SDRAM, 80 GB hard drive, the processor is something like 1.5 Ghz and it has a CD-RW/DVD-read only drive and 14.1" widescreen. Or something like that. It comes with XP Professional and a 1 year warranty. For $600 and free delivery, I think it's a pretty damn good deal and it should last me quite a while.

Man, who would ever think $600 qualified as bargain shopping? Only in my world.

3 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, congratulations! I can't think of a name at the moment, but I'll think about it. (Methinks you may need to know the laptop before you can name it!)

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for Seamus as a name for him.

Or how about Frankie? But you prob. will have to spend some time getting to know him before a name feels right.

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can't use a man's name. Computers are women. quirky, unpredictable, liable to crash at any moment and with selective memory. in this case much like its owner. :)

molly? Bobbie? I dunno.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home