Friday, February 10, 2006

Pompous Condescending Fucking Assholes and assorted random shit

You know, this is just one of those days when the world's Pompous Condescending Fucking Assholes just seem to be out in full force. I don't know what it is, what alien signals get sent, but they just are. Makes me want to bash their heads in or put a little non-fatal poison in their happy hour drinks to give them the exploding shits or something. At least backhand them across the face for a little satisfaction. Them and their unsolicited fucking advice, thinking they are better than everyone else, all us peons. Why can't they just say Congratulations or Good for you once in a while, you know? Fucking pricks. /rant

So I got thrown out of a government office for loitering today, all in the name of doing my job. I actually thought it was pretty funny. They were almost nice about it, too. Ah, well, such is life.

It's supposed to snow here tomorrow. Normally I would be really excited, but for once it's extremely inconvenient for me. See, I have things planned this weekend. I have shopping to do at the grocery store, drugstore, and Sephora. I want to head up to the thrift store and spend a little more time going through the tops there. I want to go over to an electronics store and check out the different monitors on laptops. And that's just the stuff for tomorrow. Sunday I'm supposed to be going up to Baltimore for drinks with some internet freaks. That might still be on, but what about all my shopping? *wail* So very inconvenient. I suppose the buses will still be running. Grrrr.

I did something today that most people do without even giving it a second thought. I opened a new checking account and a new savings account. These are the first bank accounts I've had in, oh, about 8 years. I couldn't even get approved for a fucking bank account. That should give you some idea of just how fucked my financial situation and credit record has been. Well, through the modern miracle of the internet and bulletin boards, I found an institution that would gladly take my money. In 15 minutes, I was the proud owner of the aforementioned accounts. Such a small thing, but so big to me. It's another sign of the ongoing recovery of my life.

And today was my last weekly payday from the temp gig. Even though I only worked 2 days over there, I got a few dollars more than I expected which was very nice. I had already budgeted for most of it, HOWEVER, you know that included something nice for me, right? So I went out and got a lovely pair of black t-strap heels that I'd been eyeing at 9 West. Originally $79, on sale for $39.99 PLUS another 20% off! I wish they had a pic still up on their website, but it's not. They are just that cute!

I think I'm going to have to have an unpleasant talk with our landlord. He apparently let himself in a few mornings ago. As far as I know this is illegal. As a tenant, we have possession of the premises and are entitled to quiet enjoyment of the same. He is not allowed to enter without notice except in cases of dire impending emergency. Checking my bedroom ceiling for where I told him it leaked last Saturday for a few minutes is NOT a dire impending emergency. And I just don't like that he feels like he can just let himself in whenever he likes. It gives me the creeps. It's bad enough that he lives just next door. Off to research DC landlord/tenant law and go home . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

The best header ever for a post!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home