Friday, September 15, 2006

I'm not leaving and you can't make me!

My bed, that is. At least, once I'm in it, I don't want to leave.

See, I have this love of lounging in bed. Reading in bed. Watching tv in bed. Eating in bed. Blogging in bed. (No, you bunch of pervs, that is NOT where I am right now, check the time stamp! But I wish I was.) And, you know, generally hanging out in bed. And doing bed things. In bed.

I am aided and abetted in my love of bed time by the addition of not one, but two featherbeds on top of my mattress. I love my featherbeds. They envelope me as I slide into bed and make me feel like I'm sleeping on a cloud. They keep it warmer in the cold winters. I must mention here that I am deeply indebted to my best friend, K, for introducing me to the wonders of featherbeds.

I am also sucked into bed by the addition of cotton jersey sheets. For a few years now, they are the only sheets I've used, in spite of the fact that Oprah loves them, too. (Kind of like reading a book in spite of the fact that it's part of the Oprah Book Club. Man, I hate buying those books with that little insignia on them. I try to hide it, like every other non-sheep-like person I know.) They really are the softest sheets known to man. One of the best feelings in the world is slipping into the freshly plumped and made bed when the sheets have just come out of the dryer (which is supposed to be getting fixed next week, by the way).

Well, it's gotten even worse. Last week, friends were coming to town and the Roommate had not as yet vacated the spare room, so I was going to put them in my room and sleep on the couch. What with the dryer still broken, this necessitated the buying of new sheets. Okay, I didn't really have to buy new sheets, I could have taken mine over to the laundromat and washed and dried them (because really, you didn't think I was going to let my guests sleep on crunch, hang-dried sheets, did you? Eeeuuuwwwwww.). But again, you don't really think I'm going to haul my lazy ass and a whole bunch of stuff 2 blocks to a laundromat, did you? Ha!

Ummm. . . where was I? Oh, right, sheets. So like any good shopper, I stopped by Bed, Bath and Beyond on my way home last week and got these lovelies. Go ahead, click on it. These sheets are green! Not the color, I got camel, no, not a camel, but they're made out of beech tree fiber. Look at me, being all green and shit. Go, me! But even better? They were on sale. They are absolutely fucking amazing. That description is not exaggerating one iota. They feel so soft and silky, I don't ever want another type of sheets. These babies caress me when I get into bed.

But, of course, I couldn't stop there, so I got a new deep red comforter set (sale), an uncle for sitting up and reading (sale), and 2 cushy new pillows (sale, and absolutely needed because mine were pathetic).

The really scary thing is that when I get my new faux-wrought iron birthday bed (which Blogger for whatever reason will not let me put the pic up for you all to fantasize about), I'm really never going to leave my room. I wonder if there's a man delivery service around here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home