Wednesday, October 11, 2006

All Work and No Play

Makes Y very boring indeed. So I took Friday off (for obvious reasons, crying in the office is so not in these days) and we had Monday off as a holiday. Not that I got much of anything accomplished on either of those days, but lying around, watching tv, taking a walk in the rain, recovering from hangovers, and playing with the cats . . . well, there are certainly worse things I could think of to do.

So I've been thinking about this restaurant gig for a while now. And to be honest, I really need a break. Even though the 2 jobs are so different, I just never have time for myself. NEVER. And don't give me that shit about having every evening to myself - I don't get home until about 7:30 on average, and that barely leaves me time to do one chore, cook myself some dinner and eat it, and crawl into bed in time to watch a tv show and fall asleep by 10. I can't help it that I wake up at 5-ish and I need my beauty sleep, y'all. You don't think I look like that pic naturally, do you?

Where was I? Ah, yes, the restaurant. So I really want my weekends back, but I'm a greedy, materialistic evil slut and I like the money from the place. Cash money, baby. And every other week, a nice little paycheck, too. So I've been toying with asking the new manager (now that's a whole other story right there for another day) if I could go to every other week, or maybe do 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. So I did. On Sunday. And guess what? She said she thinks it might be doable.

YEE-FUCKING-HAW!!!!

Now, should this come to pass, my plans fall into the 2 on-2 off perfectly. Party for my birthday weekend (the 27th, remember?), go to New York the following weekend, work for 2 weekends, then off to London and a weekend at home to relax, then work for 2 more weekends, then have off over Christmas and New Years.

Is it possible? Could something this right be happening to me?

Damn, I shouldn't have even thought it. Now I've probably gone and fucked it all up. Guess I'll find out this weekend.

But it was a nice dream while it lasted.

PS - I'm fine. Thank you all for the kind thoughts and comments. Life, as always, goes on. Obla-di-obla-dah . . .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you would not need to work two jobs if you chose to forego things like custom made diamond earrings. That is a luxury you can hardly afford.

Life is about priorities. If you choose to spend your cash on things such as pricey earrings, you cannot complain about your financial situation and expect sympathy from anyone.

Keep up the blog. Regardless my feelings of your actions, I enjoy keeping up.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Y said...

First of all, I never said I expected sympathy. And I am well aware that my priorities are not the same as everyone else's. I am an adult and as such I can choose how to spend my hard-earned dollars.

Second, I don't actually need to work two jobs and haven't needed to for quite a while. I continued working at the restaurant because I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the people there, and I liked the extra cash. It was play money.

Third, just because I got a custom-made pair of diamond earrings doesn't mean they were expensive. They weren't.

Fourth, next time, post with a name, even if it's made up, or your comment won't get published.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home