Monday, September 18, 2006

Well, that's me screwed, then

So yesterday at the restaurant, I found a fortune-telling birthday book in the host stand. Being the naturally curious sort, of course I had a look at what it said for my birthday (which is hereby officially announced as October 27, just so you all know to send me big expensive presents!). Most of it was pretty close, except for the bit about me being the type of person who likes to be busy all the time. As if! I'm the one who's perfectly happy to lay around the apartment all weekend watching crap tv and playing on the internet! And then the last line also was clearly crap. It said,
You should marry young.
Bit late now, I guess. *sigh*

And for the weekend roundup:
  • Got the cat litter cleaned and most of the house satisfactory by the time Chepe got there Fri night, but due to getting bored with it and going outside with some red wine and cigs, the dishes didn't get done. Oh, well, shit happens. I'll do them tonight.
  • Locked myself out of my apartment Saturday. Had to wait hours for the landlord, so took myself down to my new fave "local" pub. Only 20 or so blocks away.
  • I'm in love with my mailman now. I just happened to be there Saturday when he delivered the mail in the late afternoon because the restaurant had been slow and I got out early. He left his route in the middle and went back to the post office to bring me my beautiful new boots. They are HOT. I can't wait to wear them.
  • I waited on Chelsea Clinton Saturday at the restaurant. She's a lot prettier in real life, taller and thinner than I thought, and her hair is lighter now. Nice girl, not too demanding for a vegetarian who doesn't eat egg yolks. I'm impressed. It's nice to see someone grow up under all that scrutiny, with all the advantages and perks, and still turn out treating the wait staff well. Her boyfriend is a cutie, too. And so is his friend. So Chels, if you find this, tell your bf's friend (I remember his name from the credit card, but I'm not rude enough to post such a thing online, you know which one I mean) he's welcome to come back to the restaurant and hit on me anytime. We could all go for drinks. Yeehaw! (BTW, I do have a normal office job, too, I'm not just some crazy waitress. I'm a crazy paralegal. That's much better, right?)
  • Somehow I agreed to be in a political puppet show about how the public housing in DC is being sold off to private developers. WTF was I thinking? Yeah, that's my destiny in life, to be a political activist/puppeteer. It might work if I'm allowed to be obscene and abusive, too. Maybe on The Daily Show? But the best part is, I get to play a kazoo, too.
  • I really must cut myself off from the thrift store. I swear, I only went in for a few books. But I came out with a lovely lavender tweed wool skirt, 3 thin knit tops, a tie front cardigan, a brown sweater jacket with faux fur collar, a red glass container that's perfect for a salt cellar, and 4 books, including We Need to Talk About Kevin (for .99). And they weren't even crap books, they're good ones by good authors. All for $35.

I think that's it. Isn't that enough?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home