Thursday, October 05, 2006

Failure

So in the end, the truth is that I just couldn't handle the truth. Couldn't handle the fact that I would always be second best. That no matter how much he wanted to be with me, there was always a family between us.

And in the end, it's not the fact that there's a family out there that I was stealing time from, it's more that I'm a selfish bitch.

Truth is, if you're gonna be with me, BE with me. All night, not getting up at midnight to go home to your wife.

So goodbye Chepe, I will miss you terribly and the one of the hardest things I've done was send you home, but this is the way it has to be.

I really never thought I'd fail at something by being too selfish.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

You didn't fail, jayne. You lived. You made a decision and you'll learn a lesson - that's what life is all about.
For now, take care of yourself, here's a hug. Maybe I really should get on a bus and come down there! Sounds like we could both use a girly weekend with lots of tears, laughs and even more wine.

10:51 AM  
Blogger chimera said...

My sympathies... I know it's hard, have been through the same type of situation. But it's not a failure - a failure would be accepting to be second best for years and years and missing out on countless opportunities for happiness in the meantime.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home