Thursday, March 15, 2007

Happy and scared

Is it really possible to feel both things at once? It must be, because I do.

Yes, I found a temp gig fairly quickly and have been there for some weeks. I'm learning a lot of new litigation technology that will help me move forward and the people are nice. There may be a possibility of getting on there permanently, so I'm just trying to kick ass and impress.

I'm still trying to get caught up on finances but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I've met the aforementioned new friends, re-connected with old friends, and am learning the social aspect of life in DC again.

And I've fallen hard for an Irish Rugby Man (this is the name my friends and I have given him) that I met back in January. Took things very slowly at first, just getting to know him as friends and afraid to show my interest because I was sure he wouldn't be interested in me. Fast forward to now and we've been spending quite a bit of time together. I finally got up the courage to express my interest after an indication from him that he had interest, and am happy that it's mutual. Finally he snogged me, then finally had a first date type thing last night that went extremely well. Can't keep our hands off each other and send naughty e-mails back and forth all day. I haven't felt like this in so many years, it's just so fantastic. Naturally, it'll end in tears, doesn't it always, but I'm just going to enjoy this right now.

I'm happy. Yeah, me. It's truly shocking.

PS - thanks for the kind comments, folks. They do help when I'm down. I'll try to be more regular in posting from now on. I know, promises, promises!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cooks said...

isn't it funny how we find being happy scarier (sp) than being miserable? Enjoy your happy spell!!

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news. I am delighted for you

12:09 PM  
Blogger Y said...

Cookie, I know. It's almost like we've forgotten that it's okay to be happy because we've been miserable for so long. We need to retrain our brains.

irishnomad, thanks! Long time, no see!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home