Thursday, February 23, 2006

Happiness is . . .

  • freshly brewed coffee ready when you wake up thanks to a programmable coffeemaker
  • a Godiva chocolate store around the corner from work
  • a 50% off shoe sale found at lunch
  • realizing that I'm not really broke and haven't been for a long, long time
  • planning a proper holiday
  • getting a lovely free crystal beaded table lamp
  • having a whole apartment to myself again

Only one bad note for today: if I hadn't gone and ordered a new laptop (found on eBay), I would have been able to get those absolutely divine Marc Jacobs pumps I found at 50% off in addition to just the boring black loafer-style travel-to-work shoes I got. T, I'm sorry, I let you down. Maybe they'll be there when I get paid next week.

4 Comments:

Blogger chimera said...

ah well, I guess a new laptop is more important than a new pair of shoes. (said the woman with 55 pairs.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Y said...

Ha! Only 55? Amateur! ;)

I was at over 100 at last count. Truly scary.

I still want those damn shoes.

9:20 AM  
Blogger chimera said...

You are right - I am but a rank amateur and I bow before your superior shoe collection !

6:05 AM  
Blogger Y said...

How sad is it that I still went and bought a lovely new pair of shoes at the thrift store this weekend? But they were beautiful and brown and I needed them. Really. Never even worn before, they were. That justifies the $7, right?

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home