Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Truth or Dare

Remember that game? from junior high? that we all played? (ok, certain people will get this and some won't)

Well, I find myself in somewhat of a conundrum yet again. I believe I posted about a year ago on the issue of truthfulness. How truthful do I want to be here? Do I want to keep certain parts of myself TO myself? Or do I want to be really open and out there, and just throw it all against a wall and see what sticks?

To this day, I'm still not really sure. What I do know is that there are things going on with me that I need an outlet for, and I can't imagine a better outlet than this. On the other hand, I'm afraid to let people see how truly defective I can be for fear I'll be seen as some sort of freak. Then again, I'm sure some of you already know I'm a freak, so what the hell, right?

I don't know. I don't know what to do here, or what to think. I guess the answer will come in the next few days.

In the meantime, yes, I will try to fix the pics of Chico, who seems to be chewing up everything in mouthreach, including me. Why didn't anyone remind me that kittens chew just like puppies? Gaaahhh!

He's still adorable, though. When he sleeps.

6 Comments:

Blogger chimera said...

We know you're a freak. In a good way, though.

8:08 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Yeah, you're a freak, and we love you for it.

But I hear you. It's hard to think about how honest I should/can be here...but at the same time, I don't want to be making things up (or censoring things) for the sake of blogging. I guess there are some things I choose not to talk about though....

7:35 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

This is something that I struggle with as well - I don't share my emotions/inner thoughts all that easily either. And so although everything I write on my blog is the truth, there are parts of me that I hold back from sharing.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spill m'dear. All of us need an outlet, and all of us are freaks in our own way.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

This post is interesting because I've been thinking about very similar things regarding my blog. I'm going through a lot right now with my family, with the eating disorder stuff, with my relationship....
I think blogging would help, a chance to bounce things off of other people, to put it out there, but I haven't decided how open I want to be.
I'm typically fairly private, but I have noticed that any time I open up to people I wouldn't have normally, I usually feel better. Maybe I'll just take the leap and let it out.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Cooks said...

Or you could always start talking to your cats... ;-)

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home