Friday, October 27, 2006

2005 vs. 2006

Instead of waiting for the end of the calendar year to look back on all that's happened in my life in the past year, it seems like my birthday is the right time. So, let's compare and contrast last year's birthday and this year's birthday, shall we?

Last year: worked 12+ grueling hours
This year: working 8 easy peasy hours
Last year: nobody recognized my birthday
This year: okay, not so much better in this category, but it's far from the end of the day
Last year: was making subpar money
This year: am making more than I've ever made for easy work
Last year: received a card from Auntiemomma saying not to call her if I got arrested (you can look back in the archives, I'm sure I posted about this)
This year: haven't got one from her yet, which is unusual, but the one I got from another aunt is tres cute
Last year: was in a hovel in Arlington and about to be evicted
This year: am in a hovel in DC, but at least I'm up to date on the rent and the hovelord is a cool guy
Last year: was living with The Cuz
This year: living alone again
Last year: went home to an overly al dente Hamburger Helper meal with burnt meat, but it was at least cooked for me with love by The Cuz; she tried
This year: going to get my hair done tonight, then out for drinks with a friend, then out for sushi and drinks tomorrow night with a group
Last year: basically wallowed in self-pity for my birthday's lack of anything
This year: made my own plans to do fun stuff
Last year: couldn't afford to breathe
This year: had a small, gorgeous, perfect, elegant pair of diamond earrings made

To sum up, this year's birthday is one helluva lot better than last year's already.

2 Comments:

Blogger chimera said...

hope you had a great day, Jayne!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed your day Jayne but best wishes belatedly.

-Kath

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home