Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Moving In and Moving On

In every new relationship, there are those times of pure bliss, when everything is new and fresh and wonderful and perfect. And then there are those moments when things start to take a little more work, when you start to realize that your new partner isn't perfect after all, but is simply normal, like everyone else.

Well, last night Sam and I reached that second part. I know, I know, it seems so soon, but it's been such a whirlwind. We got home and I got Sam settled in in the bedroom, and we attempted to surf the internet with no joy. I tried everything I knew how, but still couldn't get Sam up. I even went to Dell Support to no avail.

Don't worry, I still love Sam, though, we'll just have to find a way to work around this (surely temporary) problem. And anyway, a relationship with one's laptop is much more than just surfing, right? Tonight we're going to install some programs from cd, and watch a DVD. Just because we can.

Poor Millie looks on from the coffee table in the living room. Abandoned. Sweet Millie, I just don't know what to do with her. It kind of reminds me of when I went from primarily riding my second (and favorite) pony to training on the big horses. Poor Buckster would watch me ride off on Dandy or Goosie or the Hawk and whinny sadly. Of course, I knew he wasn't really THAT sad considering he WAS a pony and notoriously lazy. But Millie really looks like she misses being with me. Maybe I should take her to a repair shop and see if they can fix her so I can find her a new home where she'll get some exercise and love again.

Unfortunately, even my new love couldn't cure my back forever, but I went to the doc this morning and it's not serious, just some muscle spasms. I've got muscle relaxers and prescription strength NSAID's now, so I should be good in a few days. He actually recommended that I take a day or two off, but I can't do that now. Not with the new job. I think they're actually impressed that I'm dragging my Quasimodo ass in here every day with this pain. So I'll rest up this weekend.

One thing, though, with this back pain is that I have to go shopping. Strangely, I'm NOT looking forward to it. I mean, I have to get flat shoes. Flat shoes suck. They are, with few exceptions, extremely unattractive, in my opinion anyway. I really am going to be struggling to find a decent pair that I like in my price range for work.

Can you believe that I have over 100 pairs of shoes and not one pair of black flats?

PS - according to the internet (which is always right, right?), the muscle relaxers may turn my pee black, brown or green. Now, I've been on meds before that turned it orange, but black? Brown? Green? It sounds like some crunchy granola pee. I'll have a pee report tomorrow, because I know you want one. Maybe if it really does change it, I'll take a pic. Hmmmm, that might be taking things a little too far.

5 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, but think about Audrey. Get a gorgeous pair of basic black flats and you can wear them with everything. Classic and elegant.

7:09 PM  
Blogger chimera said...

no photos, please... some things are really better left to one's imagination !

5:17 AM  
Blogger Y said...

T, you have to have fab legs to look good in flats. 'Nuff said.

C'mon, chi, TMI? LOL!

10:05 AM  
Blogger chimera said...

*snort*

if you post pics of your pee, I'll post pics of my mooncup contents...

anyway, flats + trousers - problem solved !

4:27 PM  
Blogger Y said...

If it turns weird colors, I'll post it.

And I'm not buying flats after all. My new black loafer type shoes are only 1.5-2". Practically flat. They feel flat, anyway. They'll do.

Unless I find something at the thrift store . . .

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home